Dear Year 2,
This is our final week of the year before the summer holidays. The last few months have been very strange and difficult and we have all been very sad about not being able to finish our time in Year 2 together in school. We are all incredibly proud of you for being superstars and showing such a hardworking and resilient attitude towards your home learning. We know that this hasn’t been easy and you are all missing seeing your friends very much.
We are all really excited to see you this week on the day you have been invited into school:
2HL: Monday 13th July – 9:30 – 11:30 am
2ES: Thursday 16th July – 9:00 – 11:00 am
2CC: Thursday 16th July – 12:40 – 2:40 pm
One this day, you will spend some time with your Year 2 teacher, teaching assistant and friends. It will be lovely to see you all in person! After this, you will also have the opportunity to meet your new Year 3 teacher and teaching assistant. We all have some exciting things planned for you so really hope you can make it.
Please ask your mum or dad to respond to the invitation – this was sent on an email via Parent Mail.
In this last week of term, we thought you may enjoy the following activities:
- Times Tables Challenge – time yourself to see how long it takes you to answer all of the questions.
- Times Table Treasure Hunt – Choose one times table (for example, the 5 times table). Get 24 small pieces of paper. On each piece of paper, write a multiplication number sentence (for example, 5 x 5 = …..) and then other the other pieces of paper, write the answer to each number sentence. Once you have done this, ask an adult to hide all of the pieces of paper around your house/garden. Your challenge is to find all 24 pieces of paper and then match the number sentence to the correct answer.
- Write a letter to your Year 2 teacher telling them about the things you have enjoyed while in Year 2.
- Write a letter to your new Year 3 teacher introducing yourself. You can then email this directly to them. They will love receiving these and finding out a little bit about you before September.
- Reflect on the year like Beautiful Butterfly and write down some things that you are really proud of yourself for. Think of a target you will set yourself for Year 3. (Some examples are: to join your handwriting, practise your times tables more often, read more at home, go on Mathletics more often at home, share your ideas more in lessons). You may even choose to share these with your Year 3 teacher.
- Complete the White Rose Hub daily maths lessons and also the activities set for you on Mathletics, TT Rockstars and Reading Eggs.
As always, we would love to see photographs of the activities and other things you have been up to. Enjoy your last week of home learning!
Miss Stewart, Miss Cooke and Miss Lucas 😊